February 17, 2020

OrangeVerse XLIX: I'm So Proud of Myself

Let us continue with the airing of grievances and the overpowering strength of the impeached one and pick up where we left off with Remarks by president Trump to the Nation.

In the first part, we made it through multiple threats to thank people (only a few people were actually mentioned by name), and grievances going back to the day Trump's campaign began, on an escalator, not an elevator as he stated, and a nasty campaign it was, even in the primaries, where, we know, he was the instigator of the nastiness. He may not remember that,or maybe he was just bragging, I don't know for sure.

In this part, among other things, we'll look at more grievances, transcripts, Mitch McConnell, oath taking, and oh yes - how could I forget - how not to behave at a prayer breakfast.

Thank You Sir, May I Have Another Grievance?
They made up facts. 
He brought it out of thin air.
Just made it up.
They say he's a screenwriter - 
a failed screenwriter.
He tried to go into -
unfortunately he went
into politics after that.
...he said the statement
which is a mob statement.
Don't call me. I'll call you.

Transcribe This...
Fortunately for all of us
here today and for our country
we had transcripts.
We had transcribers
professional transcribers. 
Then they said Oh, well, maybe
the transcription is not correct.
But Lt Colonel Vindman and his twin
brother - right? - we had some people 
that - really amazing.

We Did it Just Like We Said
But we did everything.
We said What's wrong with it?
Well, they didn't add this word
or that one. It didn't matter
I said Add it. They're probably wrong
but add it.
So now everyone agrees
they were perfectly accurate.
When you read those transcripts Tim Scott
I don't know if Tim is here but
he said Sir...he was the first one
to call me. Sir,
I read the transcript you did nothing
wrong. And Mitch he stayed
there, right from the beginning. 
He never changed. 

Pitching Mitch... 
I want to tell you: he
did a fantastic job. Somebody
said You know Mitch is quiet.
I said
He's not quiet.
He's not quiet.
There are the - he doesn't want
people to know him. And they said
Is Mitch Smart? I said
well let's put it this way: for 
many, many years
a lot of very smart - 
bad, in many cases, sometimes
good - but people have been trying
to take his place and to the best
of my knowledge I've never
even heard the subject come up
because they've been wiped out so fast.
This guy is great and I appreciate it Mitch.
Great guy.
Great guy.
He's a tough guy
To read. I'm good at
reading people.
A tough guy to read. I'd call him
My wife would say how'd you do with Mitch?
Uh. I don't know.
That's what makes him good.

Coast to Coast
...this was crooked politics.
This was crooked politics.
How about all these people
they're running for office
They're saying the worst things about me
like eight senators on the Democrat side.
Most of them got wiped out.
You know they got their 1% or less.
They decided to go home
Let's go back to California
Let's go back to wherever they came from.
Let's go back to New York.

The Oath Takers
And then they take an oath
that they will be fair, 
that they will be reason - and
all of the different things.
And they had to sign.
They're not fair.
But here's the beauty.
So we have four left.
They're saying
the most horrendous things
about me it's OK
it's politics
And they they're
supposed to vote - on me.
They're trying to replace me
and they're supposed to be voting.
So I think it's - I mean
I think it's 
incredible. But - so Mitch
I want to thank you very much. Incredible
And you have some of your folks here
and they're incredible people
and they have been
right from the beginning.

The First Deadly Sin
We did a prayer breakfast this morning
and I thought it was really good.
In fact it was so good it might wipe this out.
But by the end - by the time we finish this 
we'll wipe that one out - those statements. 
(laughter)
I had - 
I had -
Nancy Pelosi sitting four seats away
and I'm saying things
that a lot of people 
wouldn't have said
(laughter)
but I meant every
(laughter)
I meant every word of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!