February 19, 2020

OrangeVerse L: You Know the Game, Right?

Part three of the free-flowing verse from Trump's post-impeachment, post- National Prayer Breakfast victory lap.

It seems I grossly misunderestimated my ability to corral his verse and get it into two parts, and I'm not sure I'll get it done today.

Here are links to It's Always Festivus and I'm So Proud of Myself, the first two poetic masterpieces from the Stable Genius and his remarks to the nation.  You might remember in the first part, he started talking about wanting to thank certain people but ended up airing grievances. In the second part, still threatening to start naming names, he did praise Mitch McConnell, and he did slam those who swore an oath, but most of the rest of it was deadly sin-type stuff.

We're well into his remarks in this part, and finally he starts talking about people other than himself - and that got me thinking about that old childhood game.

Red Rover, Red Rover...
But we have some of
the folks that are going to be leaving
right after this, and they work hard - 
and they did work hard. 

Send Bill Cassidy on Over
Bill Cassidy, Senator.
Stand up Bill. What a guy. Great man
When I need to know about health insurance
and preexisting conditions and
individual mandates, I call Bill or Barrasso.
We get those two guys; they know
more than anybody.

Send Mike Braun on Over
A man who just became
a senator - he's a little bit like me;
we have a couple of them.
A very successful guy in business and he said
"what the hell, I'll run for the Senate" - from Indiana.
And he ran. And I saw him on television...
I said "You know this guy could win" and I got behind him.
And Mike Braun, you have done some great job.
Thank you. Tough. Tough. Thank you.

Send Chuck Grassley on Over
A man who got James Comey
to choke and he was just talking
in his regular voice. He is the
roughest man... actually an unbelievable - 
and I appreciate the letter you sent me today. I got it. 
But he's got this voice scares people. 
You know, people from Iowa 
can be very tough. 
We're doing 
very well in Iowa.
But I'll tell you 
Chuck Grassley... 
Chuck Grassley
is an incredible guy.

Send Josh Hawley on Over
And a man who - you know - he was running
against a tough, smart campaign and we 
learned how good she was, right? 
...And I went to a great place - Missouri - 
and I said "who do you have to beat her?" 
And they said "Well we have four people.
I said "let me see them. I've got to interview... - "
can you imagine?  I'm interviewing people
for the United States Senate. 
This is what I do. 
Where have I gone? 
But I love it...
The first one I met was Josh Hawley.
After about ten minutes I said
"don't show me anybody else." 
You were unbelievable. 
You were tough.
And you are something. 

Send Mitt Romney Donald Trump on Over
And then you have some
that used religion as a crutch.
They never used it before.
An article written today:
"Never heard him use it before."
But today, you know, it's one of those things.

Send Mike Lee on Over
A man who is brilliant,
...comes from a great state,
Utah, where my poll numbers 
have gone through the roof 
and one of the senators'
poll numbers, and not this one, 
went down big.
You saw that. You saw that, Mike? 
But Mike Lee is a brilliant guy. 
He's difficult... Whenever I sign bills - 
you know, we do a lot of legislation
that's - it's big and it's powerful
but it's sort of everybody 
has to approve it. 
And I see 99 to 1 - 99 to 1 - I say
"don't tell me who's the one. Is it Mike?"
And say hello to the people of Utah and tell them
"I'm sorry about Mitt Romney."

Send Jerry Nadler on Over
But we're going to,
we're going to do a job and
we're going to win a lot of seats.
We're going to win a lot of seats.
People are very angry that
Nancy Pelosi and all of these guys -
I mean - Nadler - I know him
much of my life; he's fought me
in New York for 25 years.
I always beat him.
And I had to beat him another time.
And I'll probably have to beat him again.
Because if they find
that I happen to walk across the street
and maybe go against the light or something,
"let's impeach him."
So we'll probably have to do it again
because these people have gone stone-cold
crazy but I've beaten them
all my life and I'll
beat them again
If I have to but
what they're doing is
very unfair very unfair.

There's more -- lots and lots more, which maybe we'll do, and maybe we won't because it might be very unfair, very unfair to put you through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!