- Maybe it's Congress fighting with the President, or with each other - Dems fighting Republicans and vice versa - and of course, there's Dems fighting Dems and Republicans fighting Republicans, too. Common keywords are Washington, Democrats, Republicans, and Congress. You can also search for some of the usual suspects by name.
- And, of course, there's the President fighting with his Cabinet, with Congress, with the media, with business leaders, with our allies - and most commonly, the president fighting with the truth. You know the big keyword here - Donald Trump.
What does 2020 have in store for us? Well, we've got impeachment, and more than a dozen Dems pretending they're still in the race for the 2020 nomination... things are not likely to slow down this year. Fasten your seatbelts, as they say.
- Trump in Transition. Originally envisioned to run from the 2016 election through the inauguration or so, after 40 or so posts, this one's out there, waiting to be re-awakened; the last TiT post was in July 2019. Fair warning -- I'm not a fan.
- OrangeVerse. I am, though, a fan of how the president uses our language, and how it easily converts to free verse.
- TGIF. If it's Friday, I'll usually take a stab at a good week/bad week list.
- Wondering on Wednesday. A popular theme, it's a (generally) weekly look at some of the head-scratching things that make the news.
- Sunday School. This is a recap of the lectures we receive each week on the Sunday talk shows.
- Poll Watch. This eponymous (and randomly scheduled) theme tracks public opinion from a variety of sources.
- The Update Desk. Any story, under any heading, that gets a second look when new information becomes available. Some stories seem they're never going to die - like casino gambling in New York, for example.
Newly added themes include:
- Sunday School Extra Credit. When there's more than one can reasonably digest in the Sunday Shows, this is where I'll tackle the overflow.
- In Case You Missed It. I get it - sometimes it's hard to stay on top of everything, including blog posts. This is a quick look at posts from the week, with excerpts and links.
Drop me a line if you've got ideas or if you're looking for something that I'm not covering.