Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were 28 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $573,049.
· There were no satisfied judgments.
· There was one healthcare related bankruptcies listed, for $18,533.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had five, totaling $108,133
· St Joe’s had four, totaling $113,549
· SUNY Upstate had twenty, for $382,338
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had none
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.