Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were 33 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $620,252.
· There was one satisfied judgment, for $7,373.
· There were two health care related bankruptcies listed, totaling $120,318.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had 12, totaling $110,491
· St Joe’s had seven, totaling $130,369
· SUNY Upstate had 14, for $472,673
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had one, for $13,022.
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.