Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were fifteen new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $436,858.
· There were two satisfied judgments, for $20,431.
· There were three health care related bankruptcies listed, totaling $40,158.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had five, totaling $55,045
· St Joe’s had three, totaling $30,188
· SUNY Upstate had twelve, for $412,214
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had none
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.