Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were eight new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $85,582.
· There was one satisfied judgment, for $5,730.
· There were two health care related bankruptcies listed, totaling $39,562.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had five, totaling $53,889
· St Joe’s had two, totaling $12,614
· SUNY Upstate had three, for $58,250
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had one, for $6,120.
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.