July 20, 2020

Sunday School Extra Credit 7/19/20

For today's Extra Credit, we're picking up the action from the Fox News Sunday exclusive Chris Wallace interview with the president. The first part of the interview is in yesterday's Sunday School entry.

After spending quite a bit of time on coronavirus-related issues, and some time on the Confederate flag and Confederate heroes, and defunding schools, they moved deeper into education.

For example, on where the president saw that our children were being taught to hate our country:
I just look at - I look at school. I watch, I read, I look at the stuff. Now they want to change 1492, Columbus discovered America. You know, we grew up, you grew up, we all did, that's what we learned. Now they want to make it the 1619 projet. Where did that come from? What does it represent? I don't even know - (Wallace said it was about slavery.) That's what they're saying, but they don't even know. They just want to make a change. Cancel culture - I hate the term, actually, but I use it. 
Wallace interjected again, asking if they are being taught to hate America.
Yes, I think so. Look at the professors. Look at what's going on in the colleges. If a conservative goes on a college - and look, we have as many as them. Excuse me, I think to the best of my knowledge, we're sitting at the White House and the Oval Office is right behind me. We have as many as them. (Who's 'them' Wallace asked) The liberal radical left, and I'm not talking all - I think liberal, I could tell you I like a lot of liberal people. I like a lot of liberal governors and senators, but Chris, we have the radical left destructive ideology and that's being taught in our schools. And don't act like you're surprised to hear this - there are books written about it, and we can't let that go on. We can't let them change the true meaning of what we're all about and that's what they're trying to do and I don't want it to happen. Not on my watch. It's not going to happen on my watch.
On the latest Fox News poll, which shows the president losing to Joe Biden (-8), and losing on handling the coronavirus (-17), race relations (-21) and even on the economy (-1):
First of all, I'm not losing because those are fake polls. They were fake in 2016 and now they're even more fake. The polls were much worse in 2016.
Huh? They're more faker now, but they were way more worser in 2016?
They interviewed 22% Republicans. Well, how do you do 22% Republican? You see what's going on. I have other polls that put me... We have polls where I'm leading. I have a poll where we're leading in every swing state. And I don't believe that your - I - first of all, the Fox polls, whoever does your Fox polls, they're among the worst. They got it all wrong in 2016. They've been wrong on every poll I've ever seen. (Wallace interjects, I- I must tell you) No, I'm telling just telling you. And-  and let me - let me ask you this. So, on the economy. So I've always led the economy by a lot. (Wallace said he was surprised by the numbers). Biden can't put two sentences together. They wheel him out. He goes up. He repeats - they ask him questions. He reads a teleprompter. And then he goes back into the basement. You tell me the American people want to have that, in an age where we're in trouble with other nations that are looking to do numbers on us.
On whether Trump thinks Biden is senile:
I don't want to say that. I say that he's not competent to be president. To be president, you have to be sharp and tough and so many other things. That - he doesn't even come out of his basement. They think, oh, this is a great campaign. So he goes in. I'll then make a speech. It'll be a great speech. And some young guys start writing. Vice President Biden said this, this, this. He didn't say it. Joe doesn't know he's alive, OK? He doesn't know he's alive. Do the American people want that, number one.
And, (having nothing to do with Joe Biden), there's number two.
Number two, I build the greatest economy ever built anywhere in the world, not only in this country, anywhere in the world, until we got hit with the China virus. We got hit with a virus. Shouldn't have happened. And we had to close up. We saved millions of lives. Now we've opened it up. Got to go back to school. We're open. We've got to do things. We had the best jobs numbers we've ever had last month. We should have good ones coming up in two weeks. Look, I built the greatest economy in history. I'm now doing it again. You see the numbers. The numbers are through the roof. 
And then there's the meanies on the other side.
The Democrats are purposely keeping their schools closed, keeping their states closed. I called Michigan. I want to have a big rally in Michigan. Do you know we're not allowed to have a rally in Michigan? Do you know we're not allowed to have a rally in Minnesota? Do you know we're not allowed to have a rally in Nevada? We're not allowed to have rallies in these Democrat-run states. (Wallace said some would say it's a health risk). Some people would say, fine. (And, Wallace pointed out there were issues after Tulsa).  But I - but I guarantee you, if everything was gone 100%, they still wouldn't allow it. They're not allowing me to do it. So they're not - they're not allowing me to have rallies... And I'll do it a different way. 
And yes, you typically do things in a different way, don't you, Sir?

I'll have a bonus round for all of you distance learners later. Stay safe in the meantime, and yes, there will be a quiz this week.

Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!