July 16, 2020

Email of the Week (v20)

I know, I know -- it's been a while since I've done a post in our Email of the Week series.  Now that there's only Papa Joe still in the running, and of course the majority of the emails are simply (or complicatedly) requests for money, I thought I'd take a look.  

And then, at the Rose Garden political rally the other day, the "these newfangled lightbulbs make me look orange" guy suggested that Joe Biden would eliminate windows from buildings if he gets elected. Take a look.
Mandate net-zero carbon emissions for homes, offices, and all new buildings by 2030.  That basically means no windows, no nothing.  It’s very hard to do.  I tell people when they want to go into some of these buildings, “How are your eyes?  Because they won’t be good in five years.  And I hope you don’t mind cold office space in the winter and warm office space in the summer, because your air conditioning is not the same as the good old days.”
Now, I'm pretty sure without even having to read the Biden/Democratic plan on clean energy that windows will still be allowed. But I looked, just in case you needed any reassurance, and yep - there it is: 
For families, Biden’s plan will include direct cash rebates and low-cost financing to upgrade and electrify home appliances, install more efficient windows, and cut residential energy bills. Biden will also significantly expand weatherization efforts, reaching over 2 million homes within 4 years, including slashing the disproportionately high energy burden for low-income rural households and rural communities of color. 
Anyway - as I was going through my emails from the Biden campaign, I found this one that immediately moved to the top of the heap, given its relevance to Trump's comments, and so it's the winner of the coveted email of the week award.







I said it last week, and I’ll say it again: in the face of today’s economic crisis, it won’t be enough to build back to the way things were before COVID-19. We have to build back better.
That’s why today I’m announcing my plan to create millions of infrastructure and clean energy jobs to build a resilient and sustainable infrastructure now -- and deliver an equitable clean energy future.
My new plan will create high-paying jobs that provide a choice to join a union. These will be jobs that improve air quality for our children, increase the comfort of our homes, and make our businesses more competitive. We’ll make sure the communities who have suffered the most from pollution are first to benefit. And throughout every aspect of my plan, I’ll prioritize addressing historic environmental injustice. I’ll explain more in a moment, but first I have to ask:
Sue, as we take steps to create millions of infrastructure and clean energy jobs, one thing I know is I’ll need input from folks like you to make my plan a reality. Will you take a quick survey and commit to meaningful action today?

TAKE THE SURVEY

Here’s how we’ll make historic investments -- in just my first term -- to create millions of good, union jobs, build a modern and sustainable infrastructure, and set us on an accelerated and irreversible course to meet the ambitious climate progress that science demands:
· Building and upgrading a cleaner, safer modern infrastructure. We’ll build and improve smart roads, water systems, municipal transit networks, schools, airports, rail, ferries, and universal broadband access for all Americans, whether they live in rural or urban areas of America.
· Positioning the American Auto Industry to Win the 21st Century. Eleven years ago, Barack and I helped save the auto industry. Trump has overseen a manufacturing recession and has allowed China to race ahead in the competition to lead the auto industry of the future. I’ll reverse this trend, make the United States a global electric vehicle leader, and create 1 million new jobs in and relating to the American auto industry.
· Constructing homes and public housing units and upgrading buildings to be more energy efficient. These retrofits won’t just create jobs, they will make the places we live and work healthier and reduce electricity bills for families and businesses. I’ll ensure these homes are energy efficient from the start -- saving the families who live there $500 per year. And, these retrofits will create at least 1 million construction, engineering, and manufacturing jobs.
· Move ambitiously to generate clean, American-made electricity to achieve a carbon pollution-free power sector by 2035. This will enable us to meet the existential threat of climate change while creating millions of jobs with a choice to join a union.
We can get all this done, Sue. And we can do it fast. But we can only do it together.
I need your help to send a clear message that we reject Donald Trump’s failed leadership and that we’re ready to lead the world in clean job creation.
Will you take a quick supporter survey and help me get the word out? I need you to help me by taking meaningful action today:

TAKE THE SURVEY
Thank you,
Joe Biden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!