Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were 14 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $177,722.
· There were two satisfied judgments, for $40,416.
· And there were no health care related bankruptcies.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had four, totaling $35,652
· St Joe’s had four, for $90,701
· SUNY Upstate had seven, totaling $64,262
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had none.
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.