December 18, 2014

Nontraditional Holiday Decorating

This year, we have nine Christmas trees, ranging from about 18 inches tall (in the kitchen) to 7 feet tall (in the living room). I know that seems like a lot, and like a lot of work, but I'll be honest: most of them get put away decorated, and I just have to unwrap them the following year, straighten things out, and I'm all set.

I keep saying one of these days I'm going to decorate a tree with stuff I get from the Christmas Tree Shops, and this might be the year to do it.  I know of someone goes there every week, so it's gotta be a great place to get holiday decorations, right? And while we already have a lot of them, I'm not sure you can ever really have too many.

I checked out the chain's website, and look at all the cool stuff I found!
  • Sheets, pillows, pajamas and curtains
  • portable air compressors, electric heater/fans, and a humidifier
  • electric fireplaces, fire starters, and hearth brooms
  • lampshades, picture frames, and decorative alarm clocks
  • shelf liners, dust mops, and vacuum cleaners
  • chocolate fountains, popcorn makers, and a wine-cork lazy Susan
  • bake ware, glassware, and silverware
  • oven mitts, towels, and pot holders
  • dog bones, puppy training pads, and poop bags

If I get the right size tree, I'll be able to put it on my new air hockey table (special event on 12/21), and take it all in sitting on my new bar stool (special event on 12/20).  

For the finishing touches, I'll make garland out of extension cords, and use a shower curtain for a tree skirt. And finally, for the tree topper, I'll use one of their cute metal bird houses. 

I better hurry before all of the good stuff is gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!