Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were eight new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $205,684.
· There was one satisfied judgment, for $45,629.
· And there was one health care related bankruptcy, for $6,553.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had three, totaling $104,295
· St Joe’s had one, for $6,553
· SUNY Upstate had six, totaling $147,018
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had none.
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.