June 9, 2020

OrangeVerse LII: Numbers Are My Friends

The president's Rose Garden appearance last Friday was surely memorable. 

It might have been a bill signing, it might have been a campaign rally, it might have been delusions of greatness or maybe it was just delusional, I can't tell for sure. I just know that it was poetry delayed: two other remark-able presidential moments from the presidential road trip to Maine the same day were up before day's end, while this one took several days to make it to the White House website

Vaccine Math is Fun
...we have ready to go, in terms of
transportation and logistics - we have over
two million ready to go, if it checks out for safety.
And it's also - the nice part is we have four companies - I 
guess you could say seven or eight companies - that are 
doing something similar and some very different on 
the vaccine front and some similar and some somewhat 
different on the therapeutic front. So tremendous 
progress is being made on that.  And I think even without 
that - and I have to say, even without that, and I don't think 
you're going to be having to use that in the future, that 
statement, "even without" because I think they're going to have it. 
But we're going to be back, and we're opening up our country.

Sir, It's Carly Rae Jepsen on Line One 
And you have to remember one other thing
very importantly: I think it's extremely
 important for you to remember that
many of our states are closed or al-
most closed. Some of the big ones
- New York, New Jersey - they'll 
start; they're starting now 
to get open I hope. And
I hope they also use
our National
Guard. 
Call 
me. 

Be Best, All You Categories!
This is a great tribute. What we're announcing
today is a tremendous tribute to equality. We're
bringing our jobs back. You know, when we had our
tremendous numbers, and when we had - just prior to the
China plague that floated in, we had numbers, the best in history,
for African Americans, for Hispanic American, and for Asian American,
and for everybody. Best for women.
Best for people without a diploma
young people without a diploma. 
I mean, so many different categories.

Not Cristobal, Crystal Ball!
And the only thing that can stop us is bad policy.
Frankly, left-wing bad policy of raising taxes and
Green New Deals and all of the things that you
have been writing about long and hard, that 
will stop it like you wouldn't believe. And frankly
it's holding it back. If - if there were no possibility
that that can happen - and I like to be an optimistic
person; I think we're looking very good. I think even
before today, our polls were - the polls that I've seen
and the polls that we do, we're looking very good.

All the Months of the Year
Nobody has ever seen anything -
I think it was incredible in a couple
of ways. Number one the numbers are great
and this leads us on to a long period of growth. 
We'll have the greatest - we'll go back to having 
the greatest economy anywhere in the world... 
And I think we're going to have a
very good upcoming few months. 
I think you're going to have a
very good August,
a very good July
but a spectacular -
maybe spectacular
September, but
a spectacular
October
November
December.

Get Me to the OR - STAT!
But we were strong. it's sort of like
when you go in for an operation - if a person
is healthy - healthy - we were healthy.  We had the
greatest economy in the world. We went in for an operation.
We closed our country down. We closed it down. 
We saved, possibly, two million, two
and a half million lives. Now, it could
have been a million lives. I don't think
anything less than that. But if you think
we're at 105 million today -105,000 today
that would mean, the lowest number,
it would be ten times that amount.
And I think everybody believes the
least - if we went "herd," as they
say. And if you look at Brazil
they're having a very hard time.
And by the way, they kept 
bringing up Sweden;
it's come back to
haunt Sweden.
Sweden is having a terrible time.

Trading Places
You know,
we - we made
a great trade deal - great.
They're going to buy 250 billion
dollars' worth of product. And by the way
they are online. They're doing okay. But the ink
wasn't dry on that deal when the - when the plague floated in.
"What's going on?" "A plague is floating in from China." "What's going
on?"  So the ink wasn't dry, so I guess I view the trade deal a little bit
differently than I did three months ago. It's a great day. I will say
they are buying a lot from us. And, in that way, I respect.
And getting along with China would be a good thing.
I don't know if that's going to happen. I'll let you 
know. We'll let you know. 

What's YOUR Favorite Shape?
And now we're opening,
and we're opening with a bang.
And we've been talking about the "V."
This is better than a "V."
This is a rocket ship.
This is far better than a "V."
A "V" is wonderful.
A "V" is this;
They were talking about,
"Will it be a "V," a "U," an "L"?
They had no idea.

Indeed. No idea, whatsoever. I'll have the second half of this tomorrow - more fun stuff, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!