October 25, 2019

Quick Takes (v44): NY Dems Have Lost Their Mind

Quick Takes
And, yes, it's their collective mind that is missing, it's not any one mind, or even a couple. It's all of them.

I don't know about you, but when I go to the polls to vote for local officials, I'm thinking local. Here in Syracuse, I get to vote for my district's Common Councilor, for an at-large Councilor, and for Common Council president. I also get to vote for someone to represent me in the Onondaga County Legislature, and for  Syracuse City School District school board members.

When making decisions on who will help lead my community forward, on who will address local issues that are important to me, am I thinking about what Donald Trump thinks about the candidates on my ballot? Am I thinking about Donald Trump's ethical, policy and human failings?

Nope - I'm thinking about who can improve our schools, our city, and our county. I'm thinking about who can lead those elected bodies into the future. I'm thinking about who can help reduce poverty, grow our economy, help our neighborhoods, and educate our children.

I can assure you the absolute last person I'm thinking about is the current occupant of the Oval Office.

The New York State Democratic Committee? Yeah, they're thinking about Washington more than they're thinking about New York.  Need proof? Check out this email I received from the State Democratic Committee earlier this week.


The first sentence says it all: they're "committed to fighting back against Trump and his cronies."  Not "committed to fight for New Yorkers" or "committed to fight for fairness and equal opportunity for all New Yorkers" or frankly, any commitment at all that represents me. And I look at the decision I made, months ago, to withdraw my party registration, and affirm that it was the right one.

They are fighting the wrong battle, the NY Dems are. They have lost their collective mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!