May 22, 2019

Wondering on Wednesday (v173)

Right off the bat, I wonder if anyone thinks that the president's snitty little hissy fit today was in any way spontaneous, or in any way based on comments made earlier in the day by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi? 

In case you missed the key part, here's what he said after storming out of his meeting with Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.
Instead of walking in happily into a meeting, I walk in to look at people that have just said that I was doing a cover-up. I don't do cover-ups.
I wonder if he heard me laugh out loud there?  I mean, just ask Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal  about Trump doing cover-ups.  And hey, just ask Don McGahn, if he ever gets his fanny over to the hill to talk with Congress about those obstruction allegations he made to the Mueller team...

If there IS anyone who believes this was spontaneous anything, other than combustion, I'll await your explanation as to why there magically was a No Collusion No Obstruction sign on the presidential podium, which just happened to be in the Rose Garden at a time His Childishness was supposed to be in his infrastructure meeting?

And if there IS anyone who honestly believes that this wasn't planned, I'll need your explanation as to why the president sent a letter over to the Dems on Tuesday night - hours in advance of this infrastructure meeting -  suggesting that Congress should pass his NAFTA replacement trade deal before they talk about infrastructure? When, exactly, did he think they were going to vote on that, between darkness and dawn?

And I wonder if anyone believes that Nancy Pelosi didn't know exactly what she was doing when she said both that the president was engaged in a cover-up and that
In any event, I pray for the president of the United States and I pray for the United States of America.
I wonder if that line made Trump supporting heads explode?

And finally, I wonder when, where, and how this kabuki dance is going to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!