November 28, 2016

OrangeVerse III: Talking to the Times

The next POTUS sat down with the the NY Times and left a wide-ranging puddle of verse.

The Meeting
OK. Well
 I just appreciate the meeting
and I have great respect
for The New York Times.
Tremendous respect. 
It's very special. 
Always has been
very special.
I think 
I've been treated 
very rough.


Not Often, Dean
It's well out there
that I've been treated
extremely unfairly
in a sense, in a true sense.
I wouldn't only complain
about the Times. 
I would say The Times
was about 
the roughest 
of all. 
You could make the case 
The Washington Post
was bad, 
but every once in a while 
I'd actually get
a good article.
Not often, Dean 
but every once in a while.


Giving It Up
Look
I have great 
respect for the Times
and I'd like
to 
turn 
it 
around. 
I think
it would make the 
job I'm doing much
easier. 
We're working very hard.
We have 
great 
people 
coming 
in.
I think you'll be 
very impressed 
with the names.
We'll be announcing some
very shortly.

Everybody 
wanted to do this.
People are giving up
tremendous careers
 in order to be
subject to 
you folks and 
subject to a lot of 
other folks.
But they're 
giving 
up
lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!