April 19, 2022

OrangeVerse LXI: A Week of Spam

For some time, I've subscribed to Trump emails on a secondary email account. All of the emails - and there are a LOT of them - go to my spam folder, and every now and then I nose around to see what's on his mind. 

The emails come from a variety of addresses. In this latest barrage of requests for money, President Trump, Donald J. Trump, Donald J. Trump, Jr., DonaldJTrump.com, Team Trump, and Trump Dinner Alert all sent at least one email.

Today, I realized there's a certain odd poetry to the subject lines of these emails.  And so, we have today's OrangeVerse: a Week of Spam. 

Apr 12

15 Patriots 

 

Apr 13

My father chose YOU

 

 Apr 14

This has NEVER. HAPPENED. BEFORE.

Do you want to be a Trump MVP? Offer valid for 1 hour

 Invitation for YOU 

Here's your winner...

 

Apr 15

Pending

 You're on the list

I want you to know how important you are to me

 I endorsed Sarah Palin

Sad

Offer: available

 

Apr 16

Chicken or steak?

We EXTENDED your 7X-IMPACT

I have something special for you

3000% MORE

 

Apr 17

You're 1 out of 100

Dinner?

I've unlocked an exclusive DOUBLE ENTRY

LIMITED EDITION

 

Apr 18

Join NOW

I have a TOP SECRET video message for you

My father is about to release a never-bef0re-seen video message

Your wallet needs this

NEVER. HAPPENED. BEFORE.

Contribution status: PENDING


My contribution status will remain 'PENDING' - as will my membership status. I received more than two dozen emails on that, including nine telling me it was my last chance to renew my expired membership. They are relentless, I tell you.


Relentless - and effective. Politico reports that

Trump's Save America PAC crossed $110 million in the bank at the end of February, after taking in $3.5 million during the month and spending just $1.2 million.

That is more money than both national political parties - the Democratic National Committee and the Republican National Committee - have combined in their main bank account...

And, to no one's surprise I'm sure,

Trump has done little to spend his largesse around the party. The committee did not report any new donations or independent expenditures backing Trump-endorsed candidates. 

What poetry are you finding these days? Drop a comment, if you like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!