December 5, 2020

Random Thoughts 12/5/20

Friends, I've got to tell you, I've been in a funk since for the past two or three weeks, and I haven't found a way to break through that. 

I've drafted at least a dozen posts in the last month; some never made it past some word-cloud stuff, some have actually included sentences, some have been coherent posts, with links and quotes included. And yet... 

I've deleted all but one of them. And the one that remains is literally a list of words. Not even a bulleted list, just words typed on the page, randomly spaced, seemingly in no particular order. 

Thinking that having more 'structure' around these stray thoughts would help, I had a post called 'Use this Post for ideas' and started dropping article links and tweet links  and even a couple of meme links - and then deleted the whole mess of it, either because it was outdated, or dumb, or boring, or whatever. I couldn't summon the energy I had when I first found whatever it was that caught my eye and turn them into anything meaningful.

It's that bad right now. 

It's worse than an occasional bout of writer's block - it feels like my brain is constipated, and my heart, and they both needs a strong laxative or something. 

Or maybe a nice glass of port. 

Or some really good ice cream. 

Or maybe both, in the same glass...  

Maybe a change of scenery? A pandemic vacation? I could write in a different room, I guess...

I'm open to suggestions.

Do you think the laxative might kick in as we get closer to noon on 1/20/2021? 

I sure hope so.

In the meantime, I can't promise any really regular posting, but I'll give it my best shot, and will post anything that gets past my own 'what a bunch of crap, just delete it, will you?' test. And, I'll try to stick to most of the regular features, including Sunday School. 

Thanks for sticking around - hope to talk to you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!