May 15, 2020

OrangeVerse LI: An F-35 for Mother's Day

Here we are, a few days since Mother's Day, and I'm sure that many folks may now be getting together with their moms for the first time since shelter-in-place orders were issued most places weeks ago. 

Mother's Day is one of those times when presidents offer a message of some sort, usually a thankful, loving, supportive message, often referencing their own moms and other mother figures who were important to them.  

Not one to miss an opportunity for such a message, the president got a little nostalgic a week ago when Ainsley Earhardt, one of the talking heads on the Trump News Network, gave him the opportunity. Here's what she asked him.
This Sunday is Mother's Day. What are you plans? What are you going to do for Melania? And do you have a message for all the moms that are watching?
And, in free-flowing, Made in America verse, is his response.

Viva la Difference!
Well, we'll be together.
I'm going to a 
Camp David Meeting - 
a Big Meeting
with the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Camp David is this
very special place that nobody
ever gets to see but it's a
great work environment and
we're going to have 
meetings on
different things.

When You Gotta, You Gotta
Our military has
never looked better
it's never been better
we've never had the kind of
equipment that we have now.
We had planes
that were 50 years old and more.
Fighter jets, now we have
the best in the world.
The F-35 and the F-18. 
What we have is incredible. 
The equipment and the people
that we have are great but
you know, they
have to have 
equipment.
And we spent $1.5 trillion - 
really, more than that. And
we've totally rebuilt our military
which you have to do.
You know I'm a very
budget-conscious person.
But you have to do.

USA! USA! USA! 
The nice thing is - 
it's all built in the USA.
And plenty of equipment coming.
Lots of this equipment is coming.
So it's very important that
we have the best military
and we have the. 
Our 
military
has 
never 
been
in 
condition 
like
it 
is
now
and 
soon 
will 
be.

Even Earhardt was flummoxed by Trump's remarks, and tried to refocus his attention on the question at hand, asking him  "Do you have a message for the moms that are watching?"

Easy to be Hard
Well, all I can say is,
happy Mother's Day,
and I had a great mom.
I loved my mom
and she loved me, 
which isn't hard - 
which is, 
I must tell you, 
probably not easy
to do.
But she was so good to me.
She was so good.
I couldn't do anything 
wrong, which is a 
big problem. 
Maybe that's why
I ended up 
the way 
I ended up. 
I couldn't do anything
wrong in her eyes. 
And I had a great
father, too. 
Great guy. 
Very different types.
By my mother 
was a terrific woman.

Melanie... Melania... Melancholy
And Melania's been
a great mother
to Barron. 
I will tell you that. 
Barron
is growing up
really beautifully.
And she's been 
a great mother
to Barron.

I don't know about you, I'm looking forward to the Father's Day message - maybe we'll have tanks for the dads? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!