November 26, 2018

OrangeVerse XXXVII: Giving Thanks

As he did last year, the president spent some quality time on the phone with members of the various branches of the military for Thanksgiving. 

And as I did last year, I found poetry in his words, although in the spirit of the season, I'm offering only one excerpt this time around.

Perhaps the rest of it will pop up in a different poetry reading; we'll see.


What are you most thankful, Mr. president?
For having a great family
and for having made 
a tremendous difference in this country.

I've made a tremendous difference
in the country.

This country is so much stronger now
than it was when I took office,
that you 
wouldn't
believe it.

And - I mean,
you see it,
but so much stronger
that people can't
even believe it.

When I see foreign leaders
they say,
"we cannot believe
the difference in strength
between the United States
now and the
United States
two years ago.

Made
a lot
of progress.

Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!