November 18, 2020

Wondering on Wednesday 11/18/20


Ready... Set... Wonder!

What's got me wondering tonight?  I'm glad you asked.

At what point, I wonder, will it just be said that the current crop of Republicans is the biggest, weaseliest bunch of scaredy cats that have ever been elected? 

I mean, I could see there being a handful of them who are weaselly and sneaky, and a handful of them who are scared to death that the mean orange man will turn on them and find people to primary them or worse, tweet about them day and night for the next four years, or even worse, sic their uneducated, deplorable constituents on them (the self-identifying uneducated deplorables, of course) and have them storm their maskless town hall meetings and yell at them that they're weaselly scaredy cats, but to have THIS many of them, all being weaselly scaredy cats at the same time, in unison?  What the actual hell did we do to deserve that, I wonder?

Seriously. I mean, I wonder if any one of them would begin to be able to explain to me why they are allowing what's happening to happen? Or, should I say, why they're allowing what is NOT happening to NOT happen? They're not willing to explain it, to me or anybody else -I'd be willing to bet they aren't even willing to be honest with themselves when they look in the mirror in the morning, but I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong on that. 

But pretend for a second that any one of them would offer up anything other than a "he has a legal right to be a baby," what's the explanation for sitting back and being silent as the orange man refuses to allow his administration to participate with the incoming administration? What possible explanation is there for that?  Is it one of these, I wonder?

  • We don't want to upset him by telling him he's a loser?
  • We don't want him to think that we're happy he's a loser?
  • We need him to help us not be losers when they vote again in Georgia in January?
  • We don't know what he will do if we tell him the truth?
  • We don't actually give a rat's patootie about the country, we're only interested in staying in office?
  • He has the nuclear codes?
  • He might try and fire us? (Can he do that? He can't do that, can he?)
  • No one wants to go first, but boy, once someone does, we'll all fall in line?
  • Is it over? 
  • We might be able to convince him, but he's got those two boys, and they're worse than he is?
  • Did I say he's unstable and scares the crap out of me?
  • I'm plotting my place for 2024 and I don't want to screw it up by angering him?
  • It's not treason or anything, what he's doing, and he's already been impeached, so what can we do?
  • It's not like we're not going to have a peaceful transfer of power on January 20th, so what's the harm in letting him play his little game of keep-away?

What's the harm, you wonder, you scared little weasel? LOOK AROUND! While you're so hell-bent on allowing the orange man to express his ever-loving loser soul, look at what's happening in the world!

There's still a global pandemic; there's still Brexit, the first crack in the EU; there's still Russia and China and North Korea and the Middle East (no matter how many villages or condos they name after the orange man); there's still all of the same problems that there were on Election Day, and the day after and the day after that. And the incoming administration is NOT getting briefings on any of that from anyone still in the current administration. 

LOOK AROUND! We've got vaccines coming, and somehow they have to make it to all the distant and disparate corners of the globe. by the way, but for us here, the incoming administration is not allowed to engage with the current Task Force or the Operation Warp Speed vaccine team. How can anyone think that's helpful? But, boy, don't you forget (because the orange man won't let you), those vaccines were developed on his watch, so it's all good, right? Never mind that the deaths of over a quarter of a million Americans from COVID-19, those deaths happened on his watch, too. And I can't help wondering, how many more will happen that don't need to, because he can't get out of the way and let the people who need to be talking to each other talk to each other?

Look around... All across the country, states are in the worst shape, pandemic-wise, since the beginning of this whole mess! How're things going in your hometown, Republicans? Everyone working? No hardships? Your hospitals still have plenty of rooms?  Your towns and cities all doing great with all of their COVID-related expenses?  Lucky you, if that's the case, but I'm having a hard time here, wondering whether I should believe a word of what you're telling me. 

LOOK AROUND! Just LOOK at the mess the orange man is making, the frivolous lawsuits, the lies, the lack of evidence, the constant assault on our principles, our processes, our people, including members of YOUR OWN PARTY attacking members of YOUR OWN PARTY! What the heck is wrong with you??

And, I have to wonder why you think doing nothing, including doing nothing about the orange man doing nothing about a transition, is more important than doing something about the state of things for the people in your state, your district, your hometown, and people all over the country who are NOT doing as well as you are, and who are NOT interested in your self-preservation - they're interested in their own survival, the survival of their towns, businesses, families, educational system, and more.

I couldn't care less about your self-preservation either, truth be told. I care a helluva lot more about our country and how we move on from a loser to the next guy, and I care about silly traditions like making it possible for the incoming team to be successful, and for the country to be successful. I don't have to like the person who's leaving, although sometimes I have. I don't have to like the person who's coming in, although sometimes I have. I don't have to like our traditional processes for shifting from one president to the next - but we have to have a process and we DO have a process, and we should be FOLLOWING the process, and YOU should be a part of ensuring that we DO JUST THAT.  He's YOUR guy - you've made that clear over and over and over.

Your job? I don't have to wonder about that at all. YOUR job is to make sure that YOUR guy gets with the program, for the good of the country. If you can't do that, then you don't deserve to be in office. You don't deserve the time of day from me or anyone else. You can get your weaselly scaredy cat fanny the heck out of Washington and go back to where you came from.

And hey -- wear a damn mask!  That you're STILL not doing that, at this stage of the game, is reason enough you should pack your bags and go home.

Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!