November 3, 2020

My Middle-aged White Lady Perspective: Why Do I Vote?

I vote because it’s my responsibility, my obligation, to participate in our democratic process. 

I vote, in a reliably blue state, even though most times the outcome in national elections is a forgone conclusion. 

I vote for ideas and principles, not parties or personalities. 

If I have to, I vote against bad people, even if some of their ideas are good – because the ends don’t always justify the means. 

I vote for love. 

I vote because people before me fought so I have the right to. 

I vote because what happens in our country matters to me.  

I vote because people around the world hold up their purple thumbs and remind us how much voting matters. 

I vote because I don’t want to let people who don’t vote make decisions for me. 

I vote because I love our country. 

I vote because apathy sucks. 

I vote because my Dad is watching. 

I vote even in non-presidential years. 

I vote to remind politicians who they work for.

I vote for equality. 

I vote for American ideals. 

I vote because people are trying to take away my right to. 

I vote because I'm a middle-aged white lady, and that's what we do.

I vote because I am a patriotic American. 

I vote because people tell me to shut up.

I vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!