February 11, 2018

OrangeVerse XXIX: Marking Time in Ohio

As you know, the president was on a campaign stop in Ohio at a small manufacturing firm. He was talking tax cuts, and bonuses and everything coming back.

And how do we know it was a campaign stop, not an official visit? It's all here, chapter and verse.

18-20-18-18
We've got to do
well in '18 and
I know we're going to
do great in '20. 
But I think we're going to
do well in '18. 
I think we're going to
do well in '18. 
I think we're going to
do very well. 
They have gone left.
They want to raise your taxes.
You know, 
I figure we're safe.

I'm a (stable) Genius
Historically when you win
the presidency --
you know the story. Just,
for whatever reason  it is --
and I think
I figured it out.
Nobody, really
has been able to 
explain it
properly.
I think
I figured it out -- 
the party wins the presidency.
And now the people are happy
and you see tax cuts,
in this case or whatever
that party is - 
but you see the big tax cuts, 
you see what we're doing
jobsarecomingback.
And the people that
voted for us become
complacent a little bit.
They're happy.

No Movies for You
And it's only two years - 
between '16 and '20
and so it's two years.
So it's a short time.
So the people are happy.
And they don't get out,
and they don't vote
like they should.
Maybe they go
to a move in '18. 
None of you
are going to a movie,
I hope.
Right?

Feel Like '18 Again
So what happens is
they sort of take it
for granted. They
sit back and then they
get clobbered because
the other people
are desperate and
they get out and
have more energy. 
But I think
because of what we've done
because of the tremendous 
success we've had,
I have a feeling
that we're going to do
incredibly well in '18.
And I have to say this:
History is not on our side. 

They Call The Wind the Midterms
But it's not because of that word complacency.
You win the presidency
and you take it easy and then they
come and surprise you
in the midterms.
They call them the midterms...
So that's what happened.
And that's what happens in midterms.
But we're not going to 
let it happen to us I mean it's -
traditionally, that's what goes on.
But we're going to be in there
fighting because we don't
want that tradition to go.
We want to have
 tremendous success... 
But we have to have, to have
tremendous - we have to have 
tremendous success.
And if we don't we're just foolish.

Don't Stop Believin'
We can't - I know we're going
to do great in '20 because by that time
see what happens is, 
if you did badly in '18
now you're all angry again
 and you're going - and now, '20 comes along.
But we want to do great
in '18 and we're going to do really well
in '20. That's when we go again
and we keep this 
great
journey
going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!