October 15, 2017

OrangeVerse XVIII: Keep on Truckin'

The president took himself and his entourage off to Pennsylvania to talk to truckers about taxes last week. And he did talk about the Trump tax plan at length: lower corporate rates and lower personal rates, eliminating the death tax, repatriating foreign profits, and so on.

But as always, it's the rest of the story that's so interesting. Let's check in and see how well versed the president was at this event.

Why Here? Why Now?
We are here
today to
discuss
our vision
for America's 
economic revival
which has already started
It started
on November 8th.

Nothing Happens
Nothing gets done
in America 
without the hardworking
men and women
of the
trucking industry.
Do we agree
with that?
Do we agree?

Moving is Growing is Firsting
When your
trucks are moving
America is growing
Do you agree?
That is why
my administration has taken
historic steps
to remove the barriers
that have
slowed 
you
down.
America First
means putting
American truckers
first. 

If You Knew Susi
Joining us today
is Susi Schlomann
a retiree...
Where's Susi?
Where are you Susi?
Where's Susi?
Hi Susi. 
How are you doing?
You're going to be
happy
with this right?
Because you know
what
I'm going to say.
Thank you
Susi.

What I Want
I've had rich friends
of mine come up
to me and 
say, Donald,
you're doing
this tax plan - 
we
don't 
want
anything.
We
don't.

Give It Up
So many people
have come up
to me and say
give it to the
middle class.
Give it
to people
that need it.
Give it
to people
that want to
spend it.
You would be
surprised. 

Give It Up, Redux
But you 
finally
have a government
and frankly you
finally
have somebody
who has
given up
a lot.
My other life
was
very good. 
I have to be - 
I had
a very good life.
I had
a very good life.
But you know what, 
I'm having
a better life
now
and I'm helping
people.

It's a Grand Old Flag
The American flag
do we love
our American flag?
Right?
I think people forgot
how patriotic we are...
how much we love our country.
But American flags
will soar
high above the roads.
Our cities and towns
will proudly
display
that flag.

We Built this Future
Our children
will be raised
in homes
filled with love,
communities
filled with airplanes
that are going
back, and forth,
that's OK but 
communities
filled with hope
and a nation
filled with pride.
We will build
this future
together
as one people
and one nation
under God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!