Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were 29 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $981,777.
· There were no satisfied judgments.
· And there was one healthcare related bankruptcy, for $17,000.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had two, totaling $22,985
· St Joe’s had three, for $171,995
· SUNY Upstate had 24, totaling $786,797
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had none
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.