Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were 59 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $1,312,064.
· There was one satisfied judgment, for $5,649.
· And there were two healthcare related bankruptcies, for $138,413.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had 16, totaling $279,233
· St Joe’s had five, for $74,501
· SUNY Upstate had 41, totaling $1,102,392
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had none
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.