On several issues, Romney agreed with the President's position:
- on searching out, and taking out, al Qaeda leaders
- on Syria: expressing confidence in the eventual end of the Assad regime; in not wanting to have our military involved there; on not wanting our weapons to end up in the hands of the wrong people, and on the need to work with partners
- increased freedom and opportunity for women throughout the Middle East
- supporting the end of the Mubarak administration in Egypt
- continuing unwavering support of Israel
- strong sanctions against Iran, and a declaration that we will not let them get a nuclear bomb
- the timetable for leaving Afghanistan
- using drones
In the end, foreign policy almost always matters less than domestic issues. This election that's probably more true than usual.
Tomorrow we have Trump and Allred to read about -- and to me, those are really foreign policies.