- Every week in both 2015 and 2016, a toddler three years or younger accidentally shot either himself or another human being in the US. The rate of toddler shooting was 6% up year-on-year in 2016.
- At the time this tidbit was published, in early January, Donald Trump owed at least $1B to 150 Wall Street banks and other financial institutions including Wells Fargo, JPMorgan Chase, and Fidelity Investments. Conflict, anyone?
- "Great talents encourage great incapacities," according to poet Sarah Manguso, "but maintaining an inability to cook an egg or drive a car won't make you into a genius". Thankfully, I can cook an egg - and have no aspirations for genius.
- According to Oxfam, the world's eight richest people are worth as much money as the 3.6 billion people who make up the poorest half of the word. Gates, Buffett, Zuckerberg and the rest of the gang of eight collectively have $426B, compared to the $409B the poorest 50% have between them.
- The Daily Telegraph (UK) reported that President Obama played 306 rounds of golf during his presidency, which amounts to some 38 or so rounds a year. Which, I think may be even less golf than any of my friends play in an average year.
Not sure there are any dots to connect, but I'm all for anyone giving it a try.