March 27, 2024

Wondering on Wednesday 3/27/24

 


Ready... Set... Wonder!

I'd be hard-pressed to tell anyone what my favorite book is, and I'd be hard-pressed to think of a book that I'd want to own 'many' copies of.  I wonder how many of you are in the same boat? And I wonder how many people really believe that the Bible is Donald 'Orange Jesus' Trump's favorite book and that he has 'many' copies of it, even if you count the individual copies in each of his residences. The fact that, for his infamous upside-down Bible photo shoot, he had to borrow someone else's leads me to believe he's not being truthful. 

I also wonder who it was who declared Lee Greenwood's 'God Bless the USA' America's most recognized patriotic anthem? Aren't the folks trying to sell us on this idea the same people who were apoplectic about folks not being respectful in the right way when the actual most recognized patriotic anthem - the National Anthem - was played? And I wonder, aren't they the same people who think we don't need no stinkin' Black National Anthem - but somehow, we need this country anthem put above the real thing? 

I also can't help wondering how big a licensing deal this is... how many pieces of silver does the OJ earn per book sold? And is Lee Greenwood fairly compensated for the use of his song?

I noticed on the God Bless The USA Bible website that you can also purchase a 'Make America Pray Again' hat, and I wonder if the OJ will pretend he originated that phrase. That's what he said with 'Make America Great Again,' even in the face of overwhelming evidence that he was wrong.

Of course, the GBTUSA Bible is not just a Bible - it also includes the Pledge of Allegiance, the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and even the Declaration of Independence. I wonder what the founders would think of the OJ packaging those documents together, or him saying "We have to bring Christianity back into our lives and back into what will be again a great nation."

In other head-scratching news, I'm having a hard time keeping track of how many reporters have asked city of Baltimore officials, state of Maryland officials, and Biden administration officials how long it will take to rebuild the Francis Scott Key Bridge, which collapsed after being struck by a cargo barge around 1:30 AM on Tuesday.  I wonder if they were all instructed to ask that?

And I wonder, I do, whether the folks asking the question have bets on the answers? Who'll get the answer first, who'll get the shortest or longest timeframe, maybe even which of their guesses will come closest to the official answer. In the first 36 hours after the accident, I'd be a bit skeptical of anyone who thinks they have the answer.

And speaking of having the answer, I wonder how many more weird explanations we're going to hear for the bridge collapse? It was the risks posed by our open border - or wait, it was DEI hiring policies - or wait, it was Israel attacking the US, No, wait - it was the US attacking itself -  or maybe it's the beginning of World War III. 

That's my favorite theory, so far anyway. I wonder, will anyone top it?

What's on your wondering mind tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!