(1) The NBC Nightly News is on from 6:30 - 7:00 PM in my neck of the woods. How long is the actual news portion of the broadcast (rounded up to the next full minute)?
a. 22 minutes
b. 16 minutes
c. 24 minutes
d. 19 minutes
(2) Which of these stories led the broadcast Friday night?
a. President Obama's plan to deal with ISIL
b. Roger Goodell, the NFL, and domestic violence
d. George Zimmerman is in trouble again
(3) Which of these stories was not on the broadcast?
a. Israel investigates its own army for Gaza misfires
b. The US Economy
c. Endoscopy clinic medical director removed
d. Protests in Ferguson, MO
In case you missed it, here's the full list of all the news that fit on Friday:
- Roger Goodell
- Oscar Pistorius verdict
- School killer escapes prison in Ohio
- Crews fighting wildfires in California
- Endoscopy clinic medical director removed
- Ian Paisley died
- New Jersey songwriter died
- Toronto mayor drops out of race
- Solar flares and colorful skies
Anyone else wish for a less dumbed-down broadcast?