Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were 14 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $201,319.
· There were two satisfied judgments, for $19,761.
· There were no health care related bankruptcies listed.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had six, totaling $77,659
· St Joe’s had four, totaling $42,567
· SUNY Upstate had six, for $100,854
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had none.
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.