Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were 21 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $317,235.
· There were two satisfied judgments, for $16,334.
· There was one health care related bankruptcy, for $7,922.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had seven, totaling $96,875
· St Joe’s had one, for $11,792
· SUNY Upstate had twelve, totaling $227,910
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had none.
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.