July 11, 2011

Boehner's Job Creators

When I listen to John Boehner these days, I’m reminded of a dinner table conversation from when I was a kid. 

My brothers and I, at times, were not always interested in eating everything that my mother had cooked for dinner.  Don't get me wrong, Mom was a good cook, but sometimes what she made was not anything that got us excited.  When we were fidgeting at the table, pushing food around our plates but not eating anything, it was customary for my Dad to say something to the effect of “there’s lots of starving children in (India, or China, or some other country) who would love a nice hot meal like this.”  Well, one day, after hearing Dad’s standard comment for the umpteenth time, my brother fired back with “Name one!”  

Needless to say, my other brother and I were aghast, but Mom and Dad both fought with all their might to keep from laughing out loud. I remember Dad holding his napkin in front of his face, his shoulders shaking silently as he tried to regain control.  And that’s the position I find myself in listening to Boehner.  Here’s a sample from his press conference today:  
The president and I agree that the current levels of spending, including entitlement spending, are unsustainable. The president and I do not agree on his view that government needs more revenues through higher taxes on job creators.

He went on to say this:
“I agree with the president that the national debt limit must be raised, and I’m glad that he made the case for it today. But the American people will not accept – and the House cannot pass – a bill that raises taxes on job creators.”

Seriously, Mr. Speaker?  The American people will not accept a bill that raises taxes on these mysterious job creators that are so important that you feel the need to protect them in any deal to solve the debt crisis?

All I can say is, name one!

1 comment:

  1. Only aspire to mention ones content can be as incredible. This clarity with your post is superb and that i may think you’re a guru for this issue. High-quality along with your concur permit me to to seize your current give to keep modified by using approaching blog post. Thanks a lot hundreds of along with you should go on the pleasurable get the job done. Protect Your Family from Home Invasion

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!