January 4, 2010

Happy birthday, veritable pastiche!

It’s true – the blog is one year old today. When I started, I wasn’t sure how long I’d stay interested in writing, or if anyone would be reading, but the VP is alive and kicking.

Here are some statistics for the first year:

  • Number of posts: Seventy-two. Sometimes I think that’s a lot, but other times I wish I had done more.
  • Number of (admitted) followers: Five. There are more, because I hear from them on Facebook, and via email either at home or at work. They just don’t put their pictures up on the blog. And they don’t comment on the blog either – must be shy.
  • Alternate names for veritable pastiche (that I’m aware of): virgin petroleum, virtual pirouette, Virginia peanuts, visible pantyline, and a few more I can’t remember or can’t repeat. Most of these are courtesy of my brother and my almost sister-in-law, who try to outdo each other with v-words and p-words. I hope they continue this going forward.
  • Most frequently viewed post: would have to be the one I wrote to my Dad on his birthday.
  • My favorite topic: politics. Got that from my Dad.
  • Topic on which I expected to post more frequently than I did: cooking. I cook all the time, make up recipes, and love to entertain, but for some reason, I didn’t expound on this much at all.
  • My personal favorite posts: other than the previously mentioned on for Dad, one from July about how Central New Yorkers have a poor attitude is up there; the one about computers of the future was fun; and my quandary of which I liked better, my garden or the smell of corned beef on St Patrick’s day, is another favorite.

So, what’s in store for this year? More politics, I’m sure. In Albany, as at the national level, this is an election year; and here in Syracuse, we have a new mayor, which should make things interesting. Of course I’m continuing my garden therapy this year;it continues to be cheaper than seeing a behavioral health professional. I’d also like to post a little more regularly…for me, as well as for you.

Thanks for reading, thanks for your comments, however you have passed them along, and hopefully we’ll enjoy the journey in year two!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to do this before but had a problem with my google account, have now solved that I think. As I tried to say earlier, I can't baelieve it has been a year since you started. Dad would be very proud of you and I'm sue would have read and commented on each and every one. Keep up the good work.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!