January 4, 2009

My Sweet Baboo

As I build this blog, I'll introduce you to some of the main characters in my life, as they'll be woven into the posts on a fairly regular basis, and frankly will probably be the subject of a post or two as I go along, I'm sure.

For starters, there's My Sweet Baboo -- or MSB, for short. We've been together since the fall of 2002, and both his family and mine say it seems a lot longer. When they express that sentiment, it's because he and I get along so well, and our families get along so well, it seems like we've been together forever. When MSB says it, there's more than a hint of sarcasm, as in "dear Lord, it's only been six and a half years? It feels like we've been together FOREVER!".

I don't want to bore you with a sad tale of woe, the 'girl done wrong by the bad old boyfriend' sob story, but when MSB and I got together, I had just gotten out of a long and less-than-satisfying relationship, and was not looking to get involved with anyone new. He had been divorced and was also not looking for anyone or anything in particular. Actually, we both were appeasing his sister the day we met, and but that's a story for another post.

It's hard for me to describe what a difference he's made in my life, and there will be time for lots of stories about him as we go along. Simply put, to paraphrase Gandhi, he's 'been the change I needed to see' to make my world a better place.

So, as we go along, when you see references to My Sweet Baboo, or MSB - understand that I'm talking about a crazy, rock and roll gardener/mad photographer/cat loving Boston Red Sox fan, among other things. A person like me - but with a slightly twisted view on things.


Sue

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!