May 8, 2024

Wondering on Wednesday 5/8/24


Ready... Set... Wonder!

I wonder what would happen if former president Donald Trump showed up to entertain the media before his trial in NYC, and there weren't any reporters to greet him? Would he just keep on walking into the courtroom? Would he get a minion to find a reporter who could stick a microphone in his face? Would the world come to an end, I wonder? 

There is no duty for the media to stand behind the fences waiting for him. After all, he won't say anything that he hasn't already pushed out as an alleged 'Truth' sometime in the wee hours of the morning. And I find myself wondering whether any assignment editors are willing to 'forget' to assign someone to wait for him. And of course, I wonder about the job security of anyone who did that.

I've long wondered what my sleep number is, and what it says about me... or about my husband, who would have a very different sleep number, I'm sure.

I posted recaps of interviews with three possible Trump VP candidates: Gov. Doug Burgum, Senator Tim Scott, and Gov. Kristi Noem.  There's so much wondering about the interviews, the subjects, and the hosts it's hard to get my thoughts in order. But this much is clear: I have to wonder why any network would bring on any of these folks, or any of the others in the VP mix if these interviews are indicative of what we can expect. I'll have more on this tomorrow.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Burning Down the House) has been meeting with House Speaker Mike Johnson this week; the two have spent hours together, I guess talking about Greene's demands, which included Johnson agreeing to consider defunding the DOJ's special prosecutors, and maybe even the DOJ itself. 

Earlier today, she posted on X that Trump was happy she'd gotten Johnson to consider her defunding proposal.  And Fox News was happy about that, too. And then, to show how happy she was, she submitted her motion to vacate the chair. 

And it was quickly shot down by the House, with only 11 MAGATs voting to boot Johnson. So, you might be wondering, what am I wondering about here?  Only this: has she now done enough to have her constituents vote her out? I sure hope so. 

Finally, in case you've been wondering, there truly are two systems of justice in America: one for slugs like you and me, and one for slugs like the former president. Why do I say this? Well, today in court, Judge Juan Merchan said Trump was "cursing audibly" and "shaking his head visibly," calling those behaviors contemptuous. 

I don't wonder for even a second that if I acted out like that, after having already been fined $10,000 for multiple contemptuous violations of a gag order, I'd be watching my own trial from a different room. But when you're the former president and presumptive nominee of the MAGA Campers, I guess the rules just don't apply. 

That's it for me - what's on your wondering minds tonight? Drop a comment if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!