September 29, 2021

Wondering on Wednesday 9/29/21

 

Ready... Set... Wonder!

Is it just me, or is there a lot to wonder about today?

I'm wondering whether any of the Rs in the House and Senate who are demanding the resignation of President Biden and Joint Chiefs Chairman General Milley ever demanded the resignation of president Trump, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Milley, any of Trump's other generals, or any other members of his Cabinet?  I'm sure someone knows this off the top of their head, but I'm not that person today.

And I'm wondering how health care workers - like these women in my neck of the woods - justify not getting the vaccine  because they shouldn't have to put something in their body that God didn't put there, while at the same time they're putting who knows what in their patients that God didn't put there? 

What, exactly, was Gen. Milley thinking when he spoke with Bob Woodward and others on books about Former Guy and his administration, I wonder? Did he forget that he still had the same job today as he had then, even though he has a different boss?

I wonder what the people who think we should have maintained a few hundred or more troops in Afghanistan have to say about the deal the US made with the Taliban? If Former Guy agreed to get everyone out by May, what were our options to ignore that, and what would the Taliban have done if we had? Or was he just kidding about that?

Other Republican states - Florida is one - are looking to implement Texas-style abortion bills. But I have to wonder, if the states that are trying to prevent essentially all abortions are also against sex education and contraception, what are they for?

Is there a reason we're seeing so much news about the Britney Spears conservatorship, or a reason we should care? I don't say that meanly - I just don't worry so much about what's happening in the lives of celebrities. And am I the only one who feels this way?

If the House is unable to pass the multi-trillion-dollar 'human infrastructure' package, and that leads them to defeat the bipartisan $1.9T traditional infrastructure bill, I wonder how proud the progressives will be?

There was more, but this is enough. What are you wondering about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!