June 13, 2019

OrangeVerse XLIV: Opposites Detract

The president gave an amazing amount of access to enemy of the people George Stephanopoulos of ABC News recently.  The first portion of that interview has been released, and it's the part about the Mueller investigation and collusion and foreign interference in US elections.

And, of course, it's all poetry, isn't it?

Fighting Words
Yeah, uh, my life
has always been a fight. 
And I enjoy that I guess.
I don't know if I enjoy it or not, I guess--
sometimes I have false fights
like that Russian witch hunt.
That's a false fight.
that's a made-up hoax.

Rebuffed Again
I don't know anything
about that. What difference
does polling information make?
It doesn't matter... Who knows? 
But they said specifically 
that there was nothing to do
and we, in fact, rebuffed them.

Who You Gonna Call?
...you're a Congressman, somebody 
comes up and says "Hey I have
information on your opponent."
Do you call the FBI?
You don't. I'll tell you what-
I've seen a lot of things
over my life. I don't think
in my whole life I've
ever called the FBI. 
In my whole life.
I don't -- you don't--
call the FBI...
"Oh, let me call the FBI."
Give me a break
life doesn't work that way.

Research, They Call It Research
Maybe today you think differently.
But two or three years ago if 
somebody comes into your office with
oppo research -
they call it oppo research -
with information that
might be good or bad or something
but good for you
bad for your opponent
you don't call the FBI.

Does He or Doesn't He?
Now, that's called the-- 
no, no. No, no. 
It's being investigated 
I assume now.
I don't know.
I stay uninvolved.
I stay totally uninvolved
and don't talk to...
We have a great attorney general 
now. I don't talk to 
my attorney general about that.

"Hullo? Is That You, Thor?"
I think maybe
you do both. I think
you might want to listen,
there's nothing wrong 
with listening.
If somebody called
from a country, Norway,
"we have information
on your opponent."
Oh, I think I'd want to hear it.

Pass: Interference
It's not interference,
they have information.
I think I'd take it. 
If I thought there was 
something wrong, I'd
go maybe to the FBI. 
If I thought there was 
something wrong.
But when somebody comes 
up with oppo research
right, they come 
up with oppo research.
"Oh, let's call the FBI."
But you go and talk honestly to
congressmen, they all do it
they always have.
And that's the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!