Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were 31 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $722,302.
· There was one satisfied judgments listed, for $9,851.
· And, there were no health care related bankruptcies.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had five, totaling $142,926
· St Joe’s had none
· SUNY Upstate had 24, totaling $463,991
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had one, for $5,580