February 21, 2009

A Refreshing Snowfall

A short time ago, I posted some pictures I had taken of my garden in the snow. The photos were taken earlier in the winter, as at the time we had just experienced a February thaw and had a couple of days in the high forties or low fifties, which melted much of the snow. What was left was pretty dingy and very unattractive, and the garden was not looking her best.

I'm happy to say that's not an issue now, as we had a good seven or eight inches of nice fluffy snow and the garden again looks fresh and clean, and reminds me of why we don't cut everything down at the end of the gardening season. We were fortunate here in The Valley as far as snowfall goes - north of the city, some areas had two feet or more fall in 24 hours.

Last night, close to 11PM, My Sweet Baboo and I were taking night shots of his garden, which encompasses about two-thirds of our yard. This morning, I was out wandering around, the snow cresting the tops of my Dad's old boots, getting some shots in the daylight, and enjoying the beauty of the freshly fallen snow.

Here's some of the keepers - enjoy!

Sue


MSB's Garden at Night




MSB's Garden 2/21/09

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!