- Judgments filed: $6,196,947
- Judgments satisfied: 983,813
- Bankruptcies: 518,448
- Total dollars: $7,699,208
And here's the damage year to date, for the 946 listings:
- Judgments filed: $19,195,769
- Judgments satisfied: 2,243,739
- Bankruptcies: 1,130,048
- Total dollars: $22,533,556
As I've noted in the past, there is potential for some of this to be 'self-inflicted', meaning folks who could pay their bills but for some reason choose not to; there's also some duplication -- folks actually do pay off their debts, and so could be listed at one point in the 'judgments filed' column on the ledger and again at a later date in the 'judgments satisfied' column.
But it's still a pretty big, pretty ugly number, isn't it, just for our little Central New York region?