April 10, 2011

Sunday School 4/10/11: Shutdown Poetry

Long sessions provide ample opportunity for verse. Here's a smattering.

I just – I’ve got to say that people watching this, 
they’ve got to be scratching
their heads. I
sure am.
~Mark Udall (D-CO)

I rise here today to speak about the crisis
we have and I guess
I ask my Republican colleagues,
don’t shut down the government.
~Chuck Schumer (D-NY)

Relying this weekend on people coming
to Washington to see the cherry blossoms?
You say that’s small ball, but that’s peoples’ lives.
Not federal workers.
~Mark Warner (D-VA)

I believe very strongly that life is precious.
That God created each of us in His image and
that life should be protected.
But
we have to face reality.
~John Ensign (R-NV)

it’s not so controversial to believe.
Doctors. Some women, of course, have.
Others, including the poorest among us don’t.
Where do they go?
~Harry Reid (D-NV)

This is the most dysfunctional place I’ve ever been
a part of in my life, because
again we never know where we’re going.
I feel a privilege to represent and be involved.
But it is dysfunctional because we
major in the minors.
~Bob Corker (R-TN)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!