Since mid-2012, I’ve been tracking health care related filings. I include anything that is likely a patient debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
This week, a slow week to be sure, there were
- six new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers, totaling $58,530
- one satisfied judgment, for $171,432 and
- no bankruptcies
Here’s the breakdown by hospital:
- Crouse had two, totaling $22,900
- St. Joe's had one, for $6,283
- SUNY Upstate had four, for a net negative of $142,265
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.