Since mid-2012, I’ve been tracking health care related filings. I include anything that is likely a patient debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
This week, there were
- 18 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers, totaling $302,746
- one satisfied judgment, for $5,500
- and no bankruptcies.
Here’s the breakdown by hospital:
- Crouse had one, for $5,844
- St Joe's added one, for $5,766
- SUNY Upstate had 17, totaling $258,636, which included the $5,500 credit