|The Telegraph UK|
Here's the comment, or at least here's one version of it:
I just don't think she has a presidential look, and you need a presidential look. You have to get the job done. I think if she went to Mexico she would have had a total failure. We had a big success.How much do you think it'll cost me to have a moderator ask Trump questions like this?
- Does she not look presidential because of her pantsuits?
- Is it her hair? Is it too straight, or too short? No, It's her pantsuits, isn't it?
- You once said Heidi Klum was no longer a 10. If Klum is not a 10, what number is Clinton not?
- Maybe it's her wrinkles, is that what you mean that she doesn't look presidential?
- Is it because she looks like she has blood coming out of her wherever, like Megyn Kelly?
- Do you think your orange skin makes you look presidential?
- Is Hillary Clinton not presidential looking in the same way Carly Fiorina had a face no one could ever vote for? Is it one of those "Look at that face!" things, Mr. Trump?
- Is it because she's not as 'figurative' as your daughters or your wives?
Now, you may think this is not important, but after all:
- the British Prime Minister is a woman, Theresa May
- the German Chancellor is a woman, Angela Merkel.
- the Scottish First Minister is a woman, Nicola Sturgeon
- the President of Lithuania is a woman, Dalia Grybauskaite
- the President of South Korea is a woman, Park Geun-hye
- the President of Chile is a woman, Michelle Bachelet
- the President of Malta is a woman, Marie Louise Coleiro Preca
- the President of Croatia is a woman, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic
- the President of Mauritius is a woman, Ameenah Gurib
- the President of Nepal is a woman, Bidhya Devi Bhandari
- the President of the Marshall Islands is a woman, Hilda Heine
- the acting President of Taiwan is a woman, Tsai Ing-wen
- the co-acting President of Austria is a woman, Doris Bures
And that's not to mention all of the royals who are women.
Why does this matter?
Well, if we can't get Trump to define what 'presidential' looks like, how could his staff possibly prepare him for meetings with any of these women? What on earth would he say when he's sitting across the table from them, or on Twitter as soon as he leaves the room? Can't you just picture him tweeting under the table at a State dinner?
I think the people deserve to know what he thinks looks presidential, don't you? And orange you glad I'm willing to stick my neck out and ask?