Since mid-2012, I’ve been tracking health care related filings. I include anything that is likely a patient debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
This week, there were
· 27 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $377,676
· two satisfied judgments for $16,817
· one bankruptcy, for $11,581
Here’s the breakdown by hospital:
· Crouse had four, totaling $18,542, including a credit of $7,636
· St Joe’s also had four, totaling $44,574
· SUNY Upstate added twenty-two, for $309,144, which includes a $9,181 credit
As always, when there are any, I apply the satisfied judgments to the hospital totals.
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.