Since mid-2012, I’ve been tracking health care related filings. I include anything that is likely a patient debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
This week, there were
- nine new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $194,480,
- no satisfied judgments, and
- one bankruptcy, for $15,902.
Here’s the breakdown by hospital:
- Crouse had four, totaling $31,439
- St Joe's had one, for $15,902
- SUNY had four, for $38,688
A local rehab facility had the last filing, making up the $124,353 difference.
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.