Each week, I track health care related filings. I include anything that is clearly a debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
· This week, there were eleven new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers totaling $190,728.
· There were four satisfied judgments, for $140,471.
· And, there were two health care related bankruptcies, totaling $34,018.
New this year, I’m tracking filings for each of the four Syracuse hospitals. Here’s the breakdown for this week:
· Crouse had two, totaling $18,042
· St Joe’s had five, totaling $99,007
· SUNY Upstate had eight, totaling $124,345
· Community General, a part of Upstate, had none.
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.