June 14, 2009

A Perfect Weekend


I'm not at all sure what they were doing in Albany yesterday and today - probably working on the Bipartisan Caucus For Our Future (BiCauFoF), or at least working on Hiram what's his name (the one with the slashing charge hanging over his head) to make sure he stays in the fold. Last seen, he was walking out of the Senate leaving the BiCauFoF behind and the new reform majority in doubt.

My Sweet Baboo and I, on the other hand, spent two days in the garden and while we are exhausted, the fruits of our labor are clearly visible. Pruning, transplanting, weeding, mulching, watering, fencing (more him than me) putting a few last perennials, and getting the lawn mowed were our priorities.

We have roses, poppies, grasses, dianthus, coleus, geum, guara, coral bells, coreopsis, geraniums, sedums, spirea, peonies, brooms, flax, butterfly weeds, lilies, alliums, lavender, coneflowers, lupines, irises, spiderwort, red hot pokers, yarrow, bee balm, potentilla, veronica, salvia, poppy mallow, evening primrose, ferns, hostas, clematis, artemesia, yarrow, hollyhock, daisies, and I don't know what all else either here, on the way, or just winding down.

Here are the latest photos -- enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your link over at WriteSuccess (Mary Ann), and I'm glad I did. I found your bio interesting as you mentioned the woulda coulda shoulda, but played with the hand you were dealt with, and found other outlets for your creativity and passion. Sounds abit like myself! (BTW, I'm 50+ too).

    So I look forward to exploring your postings and getting to know you more.

    I hope you will come and visit sometime. Perhaps we could explore if we're kindred spirits in other areas of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I just noticed you have cats in your list. Yahhhhh! At present, we have one Miss Kitty. But I've had 4 over the years that were all precious purr-y furry friends.

    Do you have any postings with photos of your kitty cats?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brenda, and welcome! Thanks for stopping by. I do have one early post, from back in February, Cats of Character, that introduce our four children - Michael T, Galway, Fenway, and StellaBella Valentine, the newest of the bunch who just turned a year old. They're a handful but can't imagine life without them. I'm really just getting started with the blog, trying to learn new things and hopefully master a couple of them every now and then, at least that's the goal. I'll be sure and visit you too -- and we can see how this 50+ stuff goes!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!