Since mid-2012, I’ve been tracking health care related filings. I include anything that is likely a patient debt owed to a hospital, nursing home, physician or physician group, medical supplier, and so on; I do not include filings by insurance companies, many of which are so diversified it would not be a fair assumption that the filing is related to medical care or health insurance.
This week, the final Tuesday of 2015, there were
- 23 new judgments to hospitals, doctors, or other medical providers, totaling $303,319
- no satisfied judgments and
- no bankruptcies
Here’s the breakdown by hospital:
- Crouse had three, for $34,700
- St. Joes had six, for a total of $60,042
- SUNY Upstate had fourteen, totaling $208,577
The paper publishes only those accounts of at least $5,000.
I'll have the year-end summary later.